Characteristics of a Good Steward
PUTTING YOUR MONEY TO WORK IN THE BODY OF CHRIST
Pastor Tim P. Bl
aisure – 02/05/23 – Message #3 “Mission of Money Part 3”
(Info from: “Money with a Mission” by Dr. Leroy Thompson, SR.)
Last week was our second Sunday in our new series about “PUTTING YOUR MONEY TO WORK IN THE BODY OF CHRIST”, The Mission of money and becoming money missionaries.
I. We went over, using MONEY FOR SOULS , THIS WORLD IS NOT OUR HOME, WASTED GOODS, and WHY WE HAVEN’T HAD OUR BREAKTHROUGH YET:
This week we are going to break things down a little more to make sure that we are no longer bad or sloppy money manager’s but good money managers and that when we see the Lord our God one day He will say well done my good and faithful servant (steward – manager) and not depart from Me I never knew you.
1-2 Jesus said to his disciples, “There was once a rich man who had a manager. He got reports that the manager had been taking advantage of his position by running up huge personal expenses. So, he called him in and said, ‘What’s this I hear about you? You’re fired. And I want a complete audit of your books.’
3-4 “The manager said to himself, ‘What am I going to do? I’ve lost my job as manager. I’m not strong enough for a laboring job, and I’m too proud to beg. . . . Ah, I’ve got a plan. Here’s what I’ll do . . . then when I’m turned out into the street, people will take me into their houses.’
5 “Then he went at it. One after another, he called in the people who were in debt to his master. He said to the first, ‘How much do you owe my master?’
6 “He replied, ‘A hundred jugs of olive oil.’
“The manager said, ‘Here, take your bill, sit down here—quick now—write fifty.’
7 “To the next he said, ‘And you, what do you owe?’
“He answered, ‘A hundred sacks of wheat.’
“He said, ‘Take your bill, write in eighty.’
8-9 “Now here’s a surprise: The master praised the crooked manager! And why? Because he knew how to look after himself. Streetwise people are smarter in this regard than law-abiding citizens. They are on constant alert, looking for angles, surviving by their wits. I want you to be smart in the same way—but for what is right—using every adversity to stimulate you to creative survival, to concentrate your attention on the bare essentials, so you’ll live, really live, and not complacently just get by on good behavior.”
10-13 Jesus went on to make these comments:
If you’re honest in small things, you’ll be honest in big things; If you’re a crook in small things, you’ll be a crook in big things. If you’re not honest in small jobs, who will put you in charge of the store? No worker can serve two bosses: He’ll either hate the first and love the second or adore the first and despise the second.
You can’t serve both God and the Bank.(MONEY)
I. REPENT AND BE SENSITIVE:
· Check out your stewardship.
· We need to be sensitive to God to give when He wants us to.
· Also, when we are not to give to someone or something.
· Just because someone is giving you a good cause you need to go by the leading of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God and not by your feelings.
· God doesn’t take money from you to leave you with less.
· He always gives back bigger and better.
Luke 6:38 NKJV
“Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”
2 Corinthians 9:6
“But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.”
“Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.”
II. CHARACTERISTICS OF A GOOD STEWARD:
· They know how to protect their money.
· They won’t invest money foolishly.
· They are becoming wealthy because they are good stewards.
· They are good at investing their money in God’s Work and the right places and people.
· They use money as a means of exchanged for lost souls.
· The Main course (first call) is for the Kingdom business.
· The rest is desert, the benefit of obedience.
· Many have the excuse, “I don’t have a lot of money right now.
· How can I be a money Missionary?
· To receive the call to be a money Missionary, you yield your money to God to use as He sees fit to advance the kingdom.
· It is not how much you have that matters.
· It is how you yield it is what counts.
· Your yielding to His will and His way will change the amount that you have.
· Right now, you may not have money and confused on how you can make it, and become a money Missionary.
· But let these words sink deep into your spirit.
· When they take a hold, you will receive revelation of them.
· They will make you a new person.
· Your priorities will change.
· Your household will change.
· Your bank accounts will change.
· This will happen only through the power of God.
· Not by the power of the worlds system or by your own power.
Zechariah 4:6 NKJV
“So, he answered and said to me:
“This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel:
‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ Says the Lord of hosts.”
III. YOUR MONEY IS SOUL WINNING MONEY:
· Why, Lord, is it not working out for me? I’m doing all I can.
· Use your money in exchange for souls!
· Now, when God speaks to you as a money missionary, be careful and diligent to obey Him.
· Be eager about it.
· Don’t let God have to call you out on the carpet for your disobedience.
· When you disobey the consequences are twofold:
1. You hinder the work God wants you to bless for souls.
2. You hinder yourself in your relationship with Jesus and from the Blessings of all God’s promises.
2 Corinthians 5:17
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”
· All your old ways of trying to handle finances and life will pass away.
· God will give you a new way, and a better way of life.
· The secret is: giving for living instead of working for a living.
· We will come to the place where we can say, “whatever You want to do with my money is fine with us.”
· Are you tired of not having enough?
· Just getting by paycheck to paycheck?
· And do you want to have the ability to give big into the kingdom of God?
· We can come to the place where we are not trying to make money, but money is working for us and God’s kingdom.
· As a money missionary we will be able to expect miracles in our finances every day.
· If the body of Christ will get a hold of this information, God will release a money explosion for the end time harvest of souls.
· Those who are informed, willing, and obedient will get in on it.
· They’ll consistently be receiving miracles in their money & Lives.
· Other’s will wonder about them because they will have so much.
· The solution for every financial problem: money in exchange for souls.
· Missionaries need not have money.
· Those of us who can’t go to the lost need to be the money missionary to missionaries.
· Can you Imagine being in the place where you have so much you have to look for places and people to put your money in?
· As you find more places God directs you to give your money, the blessings of God will come in consistently.
· It is time for us to get our priorities in line with God’s way of doing things (the Kingdom of God way).
· We are called to yield our lives & money to God so that He can use everything for bringing souls into the Kingdom of God.
· The only reason we are left here on this earth after we come to the Lord Jesus is to bring more people into the kingdom of God.
· People are the heart of Money’s mission.
· God wants us to have things and to enjoy life, but we are here as ambassadors for Christ Jesus.
2 Corinthians 5:20 NIV
“We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.”
Through the anointing and revelation that the Lord provides we will
find freedom and from financial problems and lack.
Money Missionaries we found out so far consist of:
1. MONEY FOR SOULS.
2. RECOGNIZING THIS WORLD IS NOT OUR HOME.
3. WASTED GOODS IS A PROBLEM.
4. WHY WE HAVEN’T HAD OUR BREAKTHROUGH YET.
5. WE NEED TO REPENT AND BE SENSITIVE TO THE HOLY SPIRIT.
6. THE CHARACTERISTICS OF A GOOD STEWARD:
7. YOUR MONEY IS SOUL WINNING MONEY, NOT SELFISH MONEY.