WHAT TO KNOW WHEN FACING A CRISIS
tor Tim P. Blaisure – 03/12/23 – Morning Message
CRISIS – definition Webster dictionary
- The turning point for better or worse in an acute disease or fever.
- A medical attack of pain, distress, or disordered function.
- An emotionally significant event or radical change of status in a person's life, a midlife crisis.
- A time of intense difficulty, trouble, or danger.
There are so many different kinds of crisis that can affect us: Physically, Mentally, Emotionally, Spiritually, Financially, and Socially.
At the time all we can see is the difficulty and not what will be the end result.
Isaiah 43:1-3 KJV
“But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
2 When thou passest through the waters,I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
3 For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Savior: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.”
“And thou shalt remember all the way which the Lord thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.”
I. WHEN FACING THE WATER LIKE CRISIS:
· Example: Noah was given plans to build a ark for protection.
· You will pass through the waters – go through the river to get to the other side, God makes the waters move out of the way.
· The rivers will not overflow you – will not be drowned, or be killed.
· Example: Red Sea – God made a path through it. God is with You!
II. WHEN FACING THE FIRE LIKE CRISIS:
· Example: Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego – faced the fiery furnace – Christ walked with them in the fire – they came out for God’s glory.
· You will walk through the fire and not be burned.
· The flame of the fire will not touch you in any way that will hurt or kill you, it will all be for the glory of God.
· Proverbs 25:4-5
“Take away the dross (done by fire) from the silver, and there shall come forth a vessel for the finer.
5 Take away the wicked from before the king, and his throne shall be established in righteousness.”
III. WHEN FACING THE WILDERNESS CRISIS:
· Example: Israelites in the wilderness for 40 years. (Faced heat, cold, lack of food, lack of water, all provided in the wilderness by God. Wait until the doubters died off.
· The wilderness experience is to humble us – God is the source and supplier.
· To help you prove your obedience to the Lord – listen, do without complaint.
· To find out if your heart’s desire is for the Lord – Who are you going to follow in the wilderness and when you get into your promised land?
Conclusion: Titus 2:13-15
“Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ;
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.”
“And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.”