BREAKING FREE FROM DEBT THROUGH GODS INCREASE
(From: Richard Roberts Book)
Pastor Tim P. Blaisure – 09/24/23 – Morning Message
The meaning of DEBT- Webster’s dictionary defines debt as:
A state of owing; something (such as money, goods, or services) owed by one person to another; indebtedness, obligation, liability, or debt.
Debt is anything that is lacking in your life. It may be spiritual, physical, financial, emotional, or in some other area. But debt is not God’s highest and best for your life. Any sort of bondage is not of Him. God wants to bless His people. In fact, He wants to superabundantly bless us.
Ephesians 3:20-21 NKJV
“Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,
21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.”
Galatians 3:13-14 NKJV
“Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”),
14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”
“Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.”
I. BEING PART OF THE FAMILY OF GOD:
· When we come into the Family of God through Christ Jesus, we can obtain the blessings that God promised Abraham and his seed.
· It takes an act of our obedience to receive all God has for us as His children.
· As we get into a position to be blessed and therefore become a blessing and fulfill all God’s plan for our lives.
Set up two containers- with fuzzy balls – drop them. Not in position fall outside – in position fall inside.
· Out of obedience we are out of position of God’s blessings.
· In obedience we are repositioned to be blessed and therefore become a blessing and fulfil all God’s plans for our lives.
Deuteronomy 28:12-14 NKJV
“The Lord will open to you His good treasure, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season, and to bless all the work of your hand. You shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow.
13 And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath, if you heed the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, and are careful to observe them.
14 So you shall not turn aside from any of the words which I command you this day, to the right or the left, to go after other gods to serve them.”
· This is what is called: “BREAKING FREE FROM DEBT”
· It is getting free from the bondage of debt and lack that has plagued the body of Christ for far too long.
II. GETTING OUT OF DEBT MEANS TAKING ACTION BY FAITH:
· God’s system of abundant living has specific rules and guidelines for us to follow accordance to His Holy Word. He set up the system at the very beginning, and it is consistent from Genisis to Revelation.
“While the earth remains, Seedtime and harvest, Cold and heat,
Winter and summer, and day and night shall not cease.”
· God has set it up so that as long as we sow our seed in faith, He will multiply it back with miracles.
· As with any type of harvest, something must be planted before you can receive a harvest. (NO SEED SOWN, NO HARVEST!)
“The silver is Mine, and the gold is Mine,’ says the Lord of hosts.”
· God put these into the earth and then told us to subdue it, and all that it contains – to take dominion over it and not for it to take dominion of us.
· We may find ourselves sometimes in a situation where we experience lack.
· But God’s provision isn’t lacking. He has abundance of what we need, and we can access it through FAITH.
“Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.”
· If you are not seeing a harvest , it may be time to look at what you’re sowing.
· Are you planting seeds according to God’s instructions?
· Are you planting in fear?
· Are you planting in faith?
“But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?”
· That implies that faith alone isn’t enough to get a harvest.
· Works translate to “corresponding action”.
· You have to do something - sow seed of some kind – if you want to see results.
· You can have all the faith in the world.
· You can read God’s Word and declare it.
· However, if you don’t do something with your faith in a practical , active sense, then how can it do you any good?
· It doesn’t produce anything – you can look at the ground all you want, speak to it , say you believe you will get corn but if you don’t plant a kernel of corn into it you will receive nothing.
· When we go into action with our faith and our corresponding action in obedience to God’s Word, He goes into action with His miraculous power to pour us out a blessing.
· Sowing is corresponding action to activate your faith, and in turn activates your harvest.
“Yet from the days of your fathers you have gone away from My ordinances and have not kept them.
Return to Me, and I will return to you,”
Says the Lord of hosts.
“But you said, ‘In what way shall we return?”
· They stopped giving to the work of the Lord.
· Because of that there was suffering and lack.
· But with God there is always HOPE.
· To be free from bondage of lack and debt they had to repent of going into debt and neglecting trusting in the Lord and sowing themselves out of debt.
· Need a bigger harvest – sow bigger amounts of seed.
· Don’t go and borrow more – digging a deeper , deeper, whole.
“And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord’s. It is holy to the Lord.”
· When we refuse to bring our tithe to the work of the Lord, we rob God.
· When we rob God, we rob ourselves of increase.
· Ninety cents with God’s blessing after sowing unto Him the tithe will go farther than one dollar without His blessing and robbing Him of the opportunity to miraculously take your seed and turn it into your harvest.
· But it is our choice!
· God invented the system for our good, for our benefit.
· However, it’s up to us to sow our seeds and bring our tithes and offerings to the House of God- His storehouse.
“Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this,”
Says the Lord of hosts,
“If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.
11 “And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, so that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field,” Says the Lord of hosts;
12 “And all nations will call you blessed, for you will be a delightful land,”
Says the Lord of hosts.
· God is not going to force His will on anyone.
· He made us free moral agents with the power to choose.
· He desires that we choose His will and do what is right for our own good, but He will not forcibly demand it.
· He is a loving, kind Father who only wants the best for His children.
· It’s up to us whether or not we will act on our faith in His provision by doing what he tells us to do with our finances and every other area of our lives.
Conclusion: No one will make you sow your seed -not even God. But don’t be surprised if in choosing not to sow, you do not reap a harvest and go deeper and deeper in debt.