IS YOUR ATTITUDE IN TROUBLE?
YOUR THERMOMETER FOR YOUR LIFE IS YOUR ATTITUDE 1
Pastor Tim P Blaisure – (Info from: The wisdom Commentary 2) Sunday Morning 03/19/23
The Thermometer of Attitude can determine your success.
People have used sayings like: “You need to keep a good attitude”. “You need a check-up from the neck up”. “Your attitude, will determine your altitude”. These statements reveal an invisible awareness of the importance of your mood birthed by your chosen focus.
Most people with wrong attitudes do not even realize they possess them. They use angry words, sarcasm, or cynicism to create a desired response from others. They use their attitude to rule and reign over those under their authority.
A BEHAVIOR PERMITTED BECOMES BEHAVIOR REPEATED.
Matthew 5:1-12 NLT
The Sermon on the Mount
“One day as he saw the crowds gathering, Jesus went up on the mountainside and sat down. His disciples gathered around him,
2 and he began to teach them.
3 “God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for him, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs. 4 God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted. 5 God blesses those who are humble, for they will inherit the whole earth.
6 God blesses those who hunger and thirst for justice, for they will be satisfied. 7 God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy. 8 God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God. 9 God blesses those who work for peace, for they will be called the children of God. 10 God blesses those who are persecuted for doing right, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.
11 “God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers.
12 Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way.”
50 Important Facts And Keys You Should Know About Your Attitude
1. Your attitude is the behavior and mood created by something you have chosen to focus upon.
It is a viewpoint, a state of mind toward something.
2. Your attitude is more powerful than your gifts and talents.
Attitude is the powerful force that attracts others toward you or moves them away from you.
3. Your attitude is the force that determines whether you multiply or decrease, grow, or die, attract, or repel the company of other successful people.
4. The Scriptures instruct you to correct your own attitude.
Ephesians 4:31-32 (NLT)
“Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior (bad attitudes).
32 Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you (Good Attitudes).”
5. The scriptures command you to walk in love toward others.
“Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children.
2 Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma
(good attitude) to God.”
6. The right attitude is the behavior and conduct produced and desired by the Holy Spirit for you on any given occasion.
7. You are responsible for changing your own attitude.
“If you are a thief, quit stealing. Instead, use your hands for good hard work, and then give generously to others in need.
29 Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.
30 And do not bring sorrow to God’s Holy Spirit by the way you live. Remember, he has identified you as his own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption.
31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior (bad attitudes).”
8. Your attitude is the powerful tool used by God to reconstruct the circumstances around you.
It minimizes the effect of negative things. It enables you to pleasure the Holy Spirit keeping Him around to defeat your enemy.
9. Your attitude can be an effective weapon for victory.
Regardless of what is thrown at you, an attitude of thanksgiving and praise will attract good things to happen.
10. When you change your attitude, you will change the world around you.
That is why the Apostle Paul said that he had learned to be content and happy, regardless of the state or situation around him.
His attitude of rejoicing made the difference.
11. Any wrong attitude is often communicated through your posture, and even by the way you walk.
Have you ever watched people at the mall? You can sense instantly whether they are brisk, alive, and vibrant or whether they are demoralized, discouraged, and disappointed with life. Their attitude is easily evidenced by their body posture. That mood was created by something they have chosen to think about, meditate upon and build their life around.
12. What you magnify in your mind is controlling your attitude.
If you meditate on your own mistakes, you will become very discouraged and self-critical.
Eventually that turns into an abnormal criticism of others as well.
13. Your attitude is attracting or repelling the right people into your life.
Ruth was a servant. Her humble attitude got the attention of Boaz. You see, when you observe thankful and gracious people, something within you wants to be in their presence. So, your attitude is determining what is coming toward you and what moves away from you.
14. Any wrong attitude is a magnet for others like rebellion and anger.
Any wrong attitude is a current attracting the wrong people in your life. This compounds the consequences of your rebellion.
15. Your attitude can decide the entrance or the exit of a miracle in your life.
One thief went to hell, hanging next to Jesus on the cross. The other went to Paradise. The difference? Attitude. The woman who had hemorrhaged for 12 years with an issue of blood said in her heart, “If I can touch the hem of Jesus garment, I know I’ll be made whole” (Matt. 9:21) her attitude of expectancy brought the healing river of Jesus through her body. She was healed.
16. An attitude of persistence can reverse the circumstances of your life in a moment.
It happened to the blind man. He heard Jesus was coming. He cried out for mercy. They told him to be quiet. He refused. His incredible determination to receive what Jesus was capable of doing in his life created a miracle!
17. Your attitude is affecting every relationship in your life.
It determines whether good relationships grow or wither, shrivel and die like a flower in the desert heat.
18. Your attitude is determining whether your boss wants to give you a raise or terminate you.
You are either making his or her goals come to pass or moving them away, through your attitude.
19. Your attitude is determining whether your mate is anxious to come home from work or work overtime.
What pictures are you planting in the mind of your mate?
20. Your attitude toward your own life is deciding your own success or failure.
If you choose to focus on your weaknesses only, you will develop a negative and self-critical spirit (attitude). It will devastate your life.
21. Your cheerful attitude can create a personal magnetism, causing others to desire to minister to you.
22. Your attitude is controlling the flow of favor toward your life.
It is increasing or decreasing it.
23. Your attitude toward God is determining the flow of favor toward your life.
The Apostle Paul was a happy man. Why? He constantly thanked God for every specific blessing.
“ I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,”
Thankful people stay excited. Thankful people are contagious with their joy.
Thankful people avoid strife.”
24. Remembering the goodness of God keeps your attitude correct.
“Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.”
25. Remembering acts of kindness from others can enable you to maintain a great attitude of success and joy.
Philippians 1:3 Paul remembered.
Good things, right things, and truthful things about those who he loved.
Next week we will continue 25 more facts and keys to our attitudes and how to change them for the best.
“The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.”
“Be strong and very courageous (keep a positive attitude). Be careful to obey all the instructions Moses gave you. Do not deviate from them, turning either to the right or to the left. Then you will be successful in everything you do.
8 Study this Book of Instruction continually.
Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it.
Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.”
Meditating on the Word of God, His principles, promises, and His power will help change our attitudes.