PUTTING YOUR MONEY TO WORK IN THE BODY OF CHRIST
Pastor Tim P. Blaisure – 01/22/23 – Message #1 “The Mission of Money”
(Info from: “Money with a Mission” by Dr. Leroy Thompson, SR.)
I’m going to preach a series on divine prosperity (money, health, sound mind, family part of the Kingdom of God, and so much more) in a way that is beyond houses, cars, clothes, and bank accounts. If we pay attention to the Spirit of God and follow godly instruction. What I am preaching, and teaching can take care of all our financial shortages and problems. We will never struggle about money again.
In order to receive anything from God, including money, we have to use our faith. We cannot receive by our feelings or emotions. We get the things of God with our spirit – our minds cannot grasp them. And we believe with our spirit – our heart, or inner person – not with our minds.
This is a very important phrase we will use throughout this whole series,
“MONEY WITH A MISSION”
God has called every one of His children, not just a few, to be money missionaries. Every single one of God’s children should be handling money for Him – on His behalf in the earth realm, doing what He tells us to do, when He tells us to do it, and how He tells us to do it.
Why are we called MONEY MISSIONARIES? It’s because we are to bring the Kingdom of God into manifestation (demonstration) to the humankind. We are to use our money in exchange for souls!
So, our main objective in handling money for God is to yield it to Him for the sake of souls.
Luke 16:1-13 NIV
The Parable of the Shrewd (strict) Manager
“Jesus told his disciples: “There was a rich man whose manager was accused of wasting his possessions.
2 So he called him in and asked him, ‘What is this I hear about you? Give an account of your management, because you cannot be manager any longer.’
3 “The manager said to himself, ‘What shall I do now? My master is taking away my job. I’m not strong enough to dig, and I’m ashamed to beg—
4 I know what I’ll do so that, when I lose my job here, people will welcome me into their houses.’
5 “So he called in each one of his master’s debtors. He asked the first, ‘How much do you owe my master?’
6 “‘Nine hundred gallons of olive oil,’ he replied.
“The manager told him, ‘Take your bill, sit down quickly, and make it four hundred and fifty.’
7 “Then he asked the second, ‘And how much do you owe?’
“‘A thousand bushels of wheat,’ he replied.
“He told him, ‘Take your bill and make it eight hundred.’
8 “The master commended the dishonest manager because he had acted shrewdly. For the people of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own kind than are the people of the light.
9 I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings.
10 “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.
11 So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches?
12 And if you have not been trustworthy with someone else’s property, who will give you property of your own?
13 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”
I. MONEY FOR SOULS:
· All of us are called to be MONEY MISSIONARIES – to allow money to be used for God’s mission.
· When we are convinced of God’s mission, purpose, for money, then we will not be distracted.
· Then we will be on the right track.
· We will be able to say, “I am in agreement with God and His will concerning money.
· I am going to yield my money to Him, and I am going to prosper as a result.
· Nothing can stop me – no man, no demon, no hinderance or obstacle.
· I am a money missionary!
· As money missionaries we are putting ourselves in a position for God to pack our account with money.
· There is nothing God won’t do for anyone of His money missionaries.
· Now, the idea of yielding your money to God and being a money missionary might not excite you. But it should, because it is the key to our never having a money problem again.
· Let’s answer the call and forget about houses, cars, clothes, and so forth.
· If we will answer God’s call, we will have so much that they won’t even be important to us.
· God wants us to have our priorities straight.
II. THE WORLD IS NOT OUR HOME:
· This world is not our permanent dwelling place – Heaven is!
· We are not to get caught up with everyday life and the earths affairs that we forget God and His Kingdom.
· We all have an assignment from God, not to seek our own pleasure and comfort.
· Our assignment is to finish what the Lord Jesus Christ started when He was here.
· He has redeemed humankind – to purchase us and to bring us back to God.
· He purchased us with His own blood and has legally brought us back to God.
· So, now we must bring people to God, because the price has been paid.
· We are to be one – on – one witnesses, and tell everyone of the Good news of Jesus Christ and His Kingdom.
· But we also need to use our money to fund the last days outreach to the lost all around the world.
· Being a money missionary means that we are passing out money to expand God’s Kingdom.
· When money has lost its hold on us and material things have lost their hold on us.
· Then we can be money missionaries for the Kingdom of God.
· It will be exciting to wake up in the morning and say, “Where can I give next? Lord, what do you want me to do? Because you just have to give some money away.
In these last days God is looking for His children to become “Money Missionaries”
Are we sloppy with what God has given to us to manage?
Do we put the Lord and His mission first or last?
Will we allow the Holy Spirit to work in our lives and take us to a new level that we have never experienced up until now?
I believe the Lord wants us to be a part of the end time harvest.
Do we want to get to the place where we step out of looking for enough money to make it to looking for places to give money that will reach the most people for Jesus in these last days.